Monday, October 4, 2010

I am giving away these two classes!


This is the second jewelry class I've signed up for (or maybe the third LOL) from Craftech University.  Linda Peterson started this for those that either can't get out for a class, or you can watch it later on at your convenience.

I love the look of this jewelry - funky, chunky with a personal touch that you add yourself!  I love coppers and aged copper. You can always go to a thrift store or possibly your hubby's or significant others tool box to find unusual pieces to make this necklace your own, or even a hardware store!  I bet you can't imagine shopping for jewelry supplies at a hardware store huh?  Fortunately for me my hubby inherited his dad's tool box with LOTS of fun stuff.

I can see this necklace with a nice fall top and slacks or even one of those boho skirts that are out now.

I'm not sure who all is going to blog about this class but Linda is GIVING away this $90 class after reading the blogs and picking someone.  I have paid for the class, so what I'll do is YOU comment on this post and I"ll do a random number picking when the time comes with randomizer and you will win one of these classes - let me know which one you are interested in OK?

Here's a description of the class - METALWORKING MEGA WORKSHOP - FOUNDATIONS

This is a special 6 HOUR event!

$90 + shipping/handling

LIMITED SPACE!

Beginners Welcome

Some experience is helpful.

November 6th, 2010

11am to 5pm (breaks included)

Create a very unique necklace using copper, wire and other mixed media.

You will learn how to create textures on copper, wire wrapping, cold connections, patina and color effects on copper

We will create our own elements using found and unusual objects.

You are welcome to incorporate any objects of interest you have.

Class fee includes the following kit*

KIT INCLUDES

Copper metal
Steel Washer - copper plate technique
dragonfly charm
copper tube 1/8" diameter 3" long
3 small brass washers
1 tiny brass washer
tim holtz gear x 1
copper wire - 1 roll - amaco
Copper wire 18:
brass washer 5/8"
chain 10"
two brass tarnished lobster clasps
brass split rings X10
screws - tarnished
Liver of Sulfur Chips
HURRY SPACE IS LIMITED

*Student to provide necessary tools - additional materials needed will be supplied

Kit will create the basic necklace

Linda is very good about letting you know what else you'll need for the class in plenty of time.  Even if you've never made jewelry before you can ask questions and also Linda would be able to see if you are having a problem by your webcam - but you don't necessarily have to have a webcam to join in.  The program is recorded, so you can watch it over to catch something you didn't catch the first time.

I love Linda's classes - and I've also taken classes from Tiffany Windsor, Ann Butler, and Samantha Starr.  The classes are inexpensive and you can watch and participate from the comfort of your own home.

I wrote a little about Linda and her classes here:


I have not done any crafts before really except when I was in my teens and 20's I did crochet.  For someone that's not familiar with crafting Linda is very patient and before long you've made some jewelry from polymer clay or friendly plastic!  I've done things that I thought were so intimidating, but once I began it was pretty easy following Linda's directions in class.

So let's get to posting a comment to win a class!

3 comments:

  1. Are you kidding how cool is that? LOOOOOOVEEEEEe it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would love to win this i have never won anything on the internet like a class i would love to win it and do this i love making jewelry iam disabled and sit at home and i dont get out much at all i think this will be good for me to do something fun and i would love to win it i will wear the necklace too so please pick me to win thanks alot
    connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gerri I am going to try again to see if this will post had a nice message all typed out and hit enter and it dumped my message oh well you are such a wonderful person this is so kind of you for sharing I would love to win either one of the classes as you know i am tyring new things to create with and mew ways. I have a number of really nice things i found that my Mom had given me that would and could be used in either class. Plus like you know Linda P is such a sweet heart and I love to learn from her also anyway thank you for the chance to win and congrats to who ever the winners are thanks again hugs an love BevinFL


    this time I just copied my message here just incase it does not post that way I wil be able to retype if need be thanks

    ReplyDelete