Monday, August 9, 2010

Craftech University

Linda Peterson started Craftech U just a short time ago.  She loves to teach and it shows.  I've taken most of the classes that have come up and I'll tell you why.

They are inexpensive, you can watch them again, and Linda is a patient teacher.  If you are a crafter you'll have some of the materials on hand for classes but I did have to go out and buy some stuff before I started my first class.  Linda has the Friendly Plastic Addicts Club which I joined and you get discounts on Friendly Plastic and other materials.

Can't wait to take the 3 classes I signed up for - Magical Millefiore, Caning, and Vintage Charm Bracelet.  The first 2 are polymer clay techniques and I was told the 3rd one is a great one with a method Linda has come up with transferring pictures onto metal!  I told Linda I'd like to do an interview with her and that will be soon.

Any Facebook friends reading this?  Please visit my friends Marcie Budgell and Bev Mossman.   They both have Facebook groups where they are selling their handmade items.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=137025516313598&ref=ts
Marcie's Craft Corner

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=104870186232679&ref=ts
Bev's Craft Shop

Another thing in crafting I like - stamping.  I like the clear unmounted stamps to use with polymer clay and friendly plastic.  I got an ink pad when I won that little package from Paper Niche but didn't think I would get into inks until someone was selling their inks in a poly clay group I'm in.  I went from one ink color to over 41 Staz On and Ancient Page stamp pads and I haven't even counted the ink refills LOL.

I hope to have some new projects to show on this blog soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment